Album Of The Week

Despite the pandemic, 2020 has really been looking to be a great year for new music. Earlier this year, I discovered Rina Sawayama with her single "STFU!" and loved the song right away. Last Friday her debut album SAWAYAMA dropped and I have been listening to it daily. I love her brand of pop music which is so over the place. Like Poppy with her album I Disagree which jumps between pop and metal, Sawayama does no stay in one particular corner however it is pretty obvious that she is a pop singer who likes to experiment with various musical genres. The music bounces all over the place from house music, metal, electropop, and r and b.  This album is pure joy to listen to especially when I am working from home because of the pandemic. SAWAYAMA has been a delightful distraction from the uncertainty of the future. I truly do enjoy how Rina just jumps from one genre to another through out her music. Could there be a more appropriate song for the current climate than "Fuck This World (Interlude)"? That song is so appropriate at the moment. It really is hard for me to pick a favorite track off SAWAYAMA because I love all of the songs. I guess if there was one song that stood out with me the most, it is the song "Chosen Family" which is a gorgeous, lush ballad. I definitely can see SAWAYAMA being on my end of the year Best of list.


Comments

Popular Posts