My 15 Favorite Japanese Metal Albums

It has been 6 months since I was inspired to start exploring the heavy metal scene in various regions of Asia. I have listened to music from China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam, Inodonesia, Phillipines, Mongolia, Thailand, and some India (I really need to listen to some more metal bands from India, I have not heard enough). Of all the countries, China and Japan has stood out the most with me. Japan in particular has really resonated with me the most. For a small country, the metal scene there is incredibly large and diverse. The bands range from black metal to symphonic metal. I thought I would post my 15 favorite J-Metal albums I have been listening to since my journey into the Asian metal scene back in February.

Right now my current favorite albums are The Eclipse by Serenity in Murder (melodic death metal), ArcheoNyx by Ancient Myth (symphonic metal), Electric Pentagram by Lovebites (power metal),  and Zangai by Sungoddess (black metal). Those albums have been getting lots of airtime with me. I always have to listen to them every damn day.  Those 4 albums really showcase how diverse Japan's metal scene. 

15. Ancient Myth: ArcheoNyx


14. Sungoddess: Zangai


13. Kubine: The Others


12. Gallhammer: The Dawn of Gallhammer


11. Grand Finale: Quantum Momentum


10. Gyze: Asian Chaos


09. Lovebites: Electric Pentagram


08. Hate Above Traumatic Emotion


07. TELECiDE: TELECiDE 2ND EP


06. Undead Corporation: Flash Black


05. Liv Moon: The Best of Liv Moon


04. Ghost Cries: Deorum Festum

03. Onmyo-Za: Kishi Bojin

02. Shonberg: Baroque Gravity


01. Serenity in Murder: The Eclipse

Comments

Popular Posts