My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! Here is this week's playlist. Got lots of songs I recommend readers to check out.

I wish the music by the gothic metal band DengeL and folk/metal band Twilight Blooming were on Spotify I would add tracks by my 2 current favorite bands on the playlist but they are not. I do recommend check out their Bandcamp pages Twilight Blooming (Chengdu, China) . DengeL (Beijing, China) . Twilight Blooming just released their self-titled debut album this week, and it is excellent. My favorite songs by each band are "At Dusk" (Twilight Blooming) and "Brave Heart" (DengeL). 

This week I took Tuesday off from work. I made a trip to the Electric Fetus and picked up BTS's best of compilation. I like to give my ears a break from all the heavy metal I listen to with some Kpop. The 2 CD compilation was so worth the money. "Airplane, pt. 2" is my current favorite BTS song.  The song has such great pop hooks. The song is currently stuck in my head. It definitely is a bop for sure. 

I finally started checking out more of metalcore band Crystal Lake and listened to The Voyages. I liked Helix, their last studio album but I find myself favoring The Voyages over Helix. The music on The Voyages is heavy AF. Really love the track "Open Water". 


Songs to check out:
"Airplane, pt. 2" by BTS
"The Skin I'm In" by Kubine
"Sit" by Japanese Breakfast
"Open Water" by Crystal Lake
"Noir" by IXIA
"Infection" by Uroboros
"Day for Night" by Leathers
"Holy War"  and "Rising" by Lovebites  
"Fiery Tongue" by Vintersea

Comments

Popular Posts