Music I Bought in 2021 (so far)

I can't believe that 2021 2/3 over. Or maybe I can. Despite the never ending pandemic, I have been able to amuse myself with new music. Since it has been awhile since I last posted my list of music I bought this year, I decided to post an updated list.  2021 definitely has been a fruitful year for music. My taste in music has shifted to metal especially Japanese metal. Japan's metal scene is incredible which ranges from black metal to symphonic metal. My current favorite J-Metal bands right now are Ancient Myth, Lovebites, Schonberg, Sungoddess, Grand Finale, and of course Serenity in Murder. China and the surrounding countries Hong Kong and Taiwan also have  thriving metal scenes. My favorite bands from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan includes: DengeL, Ephemerality, Chthonic, Twilight Blooming, Silent Elegy,  and Mysterain. TBH my interest in darkwave/post punk has totally waned since last year. I still like some but for the most part, I am a metalhead. I definitely plan on buying the new ACTORS and Kaelan Mikla albums when they eventually come out. 

January
The Foreign Resort: The Rabbit Hole EP

February
Black Kirin: Gengzi
Pale Waves: Who Am I?
Onmyo-Za: Hadoumyouou
The Rope: Viper/Trenches single
Helalyn Flowers: Airesis
Steps: What the Future Holds
Blutengel: Fountain of Destiny

March
Mysterain: The Heroine EP
Mysterain: After the End of the Valley
Mysterain: After the End of the Valley (unplugged version)
Mysterain: The Sprout from Deadwood
Mysterain: Fall of the Song Dynasty
Morgan Wade: Reckless

April
Rhiannon Giddens: They're Calling Me Home (feat. Francesco Turrisi)
Ephemerality: Ephemerality
Krypteria: My Fatal Kiss

May
Serenity in Murder: Reborn
Onmyo-Za: Inyo Shugyoku (2 Cd compilation)
Ghost Cries: Deorum Festum
Grand Finale: Quantum Moment
Schonberg: Baroque Gravity
Serenity in Murder: The First Frission of the World
Hymn Above Traumatic Emotion: 2021 EP
Li Dao: 3000 Tombs single
Blodwen: Winter Falls

June
Silent Elegy: Gone With the Wind
Reborn VN: Inner War
Chimeras: Mind Deception single
Serenity in Murder: The Eclipse
Blodwen: When Autumn Ends
Ritual Day: Weak Light of Silence EP
Sungoddess: Zangai
Serenity in Murder: The Highest Dystopia
InChaos: Butterfly Effect, You and Me, Mist, and Fading Away singles
Dharma: Bhaisajyaguru

July
Kubine: The Others
Stigmatize: Nothingness, Severe Catastrophe singles
Vintersea: Illuminated
Gallhammer: Gallhammer demo cassette
Ancient Myth: ArcheoNyx
The Linda Linda's: The Linda Linda's EP
Burning Witches: The Witch of the North
Surma: The Light Within
Mickey Guyton: Remember Name

August:
Karkaos: Empire
The Linda Linda's: Oh! single
DengeL: Promised
Silent Resentment: Death is Utopia
Twilight Blooming: Twilight Blooming
BTS: BTS, The Best of
Lovebites: Electric Pentagram

Comments

Popular Posts