My Top 15 Favorite Music Purchases I Have Bought in 2021

Last year I really didn't buy a lot of music. One reason definitely was because of the pandemic, and secondly a lot of the music I heard that year wasn't worth shelling out money for but nevertheless I did buy music last year. Music I bought in 2020. 2021 on the other has been an incredible year for music consumption. A lot of that is because of my journey into exploring the heavy metal scene in various parts of Asia after being inspired by the lead singer of Krypteria/And Then She Came Ji-In Cho (German Korean). Six months later, I am still deeply entrenched in my journey. In the sixth months I started my journey, I have shelled out good money for music from overseas. I thought I would post my Top 15 favorite albums I bought this year, some downloads on Bandcamp, some physical copies in the form of CDs. 

The DengeL, BTS,  Blutengel,  Ancient Myth, Serenity in Murder (Reborn), Morgan Wade, and Twilight Blooming albums are all 2021 releases, the rest were from a year or older. And yes I like BTS enough to buy their 2 CD compilation of their hits. Their music allows me to give my ears a break from all the metal I listen to. Right now I am hopelessly addicted to the gothic metal band DengeL (Beijing, China). Their album Promised is getting lots of streaming from me. On the heavier side of metal, Serenity in Murder (Japan) is my jam. I have 3 of their 4 albums in physical form. I spent good money for those albums. Still plan on buying their latest album Reborn via Amazon Japan soon.

01. DengeL: Promised


02. BTS: BTS, The Best


03. Serenity In Murder: The Eclipse


04. Schonberg: Baroque Gravity


05. Ephemerality: Ephemerality


06. Morgan Wade: Reckless


07. Ancient Myth: ArcheoNyx


08. Silent Elegy: Gone With the Wind


09. Blodwen: Winter Falls


10. Sungoddess: Zangai


11. Vintersea: Illuminated


12. Blutengel: Fountain of Destiny


13. Twilight Blooming:Twilight Blooming


14. Black Kirin: Gengzi


15. Serenity in Murder: Reborn

Comments

Popular Posts