My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! For me, it was a short work week, I took Thursday off for a dentist appointment. Got lots of new music on this week's playlist. 

My current favorite song is "What I Want" by MUNA off their new self-titled album which just came out today. The album is really good. Loved the album from start to finish. 

Conjure One recently released a new album called Innovation Zero. I only have listened to it a couple of times but I think it is a solid album. Nothing will be as good as the first Conjure One album for sure however for C1 fans, this is definitely worth a listen. "Wolves At the Door" is my current favorite song off the album. 

Netflix recently came out with a live studio performance from Japanese American pop artist Hikaru Utada called Live Sessions From Air Studio (people can also watch it on this youtube video). The album can be heard on Spotify too. The album is so good. It is a whole weekend vibe. "Find Love" is the song I chose from live performance. 

I recently discovered the Japanese guitarist MIYAVI because I saw an ad for his October show at the Fine Line. His music is a mix of metal, rock, and EDM. It is really good. Love his cover of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I'll most likely buy a ticket to his show when I get paid next week.  I really like his sound. 

Songs to Check Out:
"What I Want" by Muna
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana cover) by MIYAVI
"Find Love (live version)" by Hikaru Utada
"Wolves at the Door" by Conjure One
"Spirit Boy" by Graveyard Club
"Turn to Gold" by Night Sins
"Meteor Hunter" by Ancient Myth
"Birthlight" by Collapse

Comments

Popular Posts