My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday and  early Lunar New Year (it's officially on Sunday)! Here is this week's playlist. 

Heard some new 2023 and love already. I recently started watching the Japanese Netflix series The Makanai: Cooking for the Maiko House. It is a lighthearted, modern drama set in a Geiko house in Kyoto. The soundtrack by Yoko Kanno is a delight to listen to while watching the show. 

Last week, outlaw country singer Margo Price and Belle and Sebastian released new albums. I am a huge fan of Margo Price, and going to see her next month at First Avenue. Her third album Strays is her best to date IMO. I love Margo's fiercely independent streak when it comes to her music and refuses to play by the rules in the country music industry. There are so many good songs on the album but "Country Road" is my current favorite song on the album I have included on this week's mix. 

I only have listened to Late Developers by Belle and Sebastian  once but I do like what I have heard from my initial listen. I definitely need to listen to it again. 

Japanese metal band Onmyo-za dropped a new album this week which the English translation roughly translates to as Kids of Hydrangea. Love the new album.

Songs to Check Out:
"Country Road" by Margo Price
"Do You Follow" by Belle and Sebastian
"End Theme of The Makanai" by Yoko Kanno, Kiyo
"Nesso" by Heilung
"Zanjeero Se" by Bloodywood
"The Spirit Lives On" by Lovebites

Comments

Popular Posts