Albums of the Week

This week I have more than one album to feature on my weekly Album of the Week blog post. Today while working from home,I decided to look up on Spotify if the platform had any Chinese metal music since the Lunar New Year begins on Friday. I ended up falling down the proverbial rabbit hole when I came across music by Chinese hardcore metal bands Yaksa, Ego Fall, and Black Kirin, and the Mongolian folk rock band Altan Urag.  I love looking up music from other countries in when it comes to heavy metal music, this process makes listening to music a lot more interesting and more fun. 

Of the albums I have listened today, my personal favorite is the Nanking Massacre by Black Kirin, Duguilang by Ego Fall, and Made in Altan Urag by Altan Urag. Yaka's album is very good but at times it veered into that Staind, Five Finger Death Punch territory which is not my cup of tea. All of the albums are worth a listen IMHO. 

Meanwhile I have started a playlist which I will share later down the road, featuring songs from my deep dive into heavy metal music from Asia (which will probably be mostly from China and Japan). 







Comments

Popular Posts