My 10 Favorite Albums for February

Here are my 10 favorite albums I have been listening to quite a bit this month. I am just blown by the metal scenes in China, Japan, and other parts of Asia. I have been completely engulfed in my musical journey in finding modern music from numerous Asian countries. My personal favorite discoveries is the Chinese black metal band Black Kirin, Chinese symphonic metal band Mysterain, the Japanese metal band Onmyo-Za. I love how all those bands incorporate traditional folk music from their homeland with modern heavy metal music. I love pop music from Asia but it is really great to hear music from countries like China, Japan, Korea, Mongolia and Vietnam that isn't pop music, and is very loud and aggressive.

Besides all the heavy metal albums I have been binging on for the past 10 days, I have developed a fondness for the soundtrack to Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. It's a nice breather from all the heavy metal music I have been listening to. Also love the new Wardruna album, and some Chapterhouse and Cocteau Twins too.

01. Black Kirin: Gengzi


02. Mysterain: After The End of the Vally


03. Onmyo-Za: Hadou Myouou


04. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again soundtrack


05. Wardruna: Kvitravn


06. Windrunner: Mai


07. Altan Urag: Made in Altan Urag


08. Cocteau Twins: Milk and Kisses


09. Chapterhouse: Whirlpool


10.Ego Fall: Duguilang

Comments

Popular Posts