Playlist of the Week

Last week I unexpectedly decided to start exploring the heavy metal scene from various countries in Asia. What led me to take that deep dive was because of the Lunar New Year, and for this Vietnamese American immigrant, it is the Tet New Year. All of a sudden the idea of looking up heavy music from China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, etc...etc... popped into my head. So far this journey into exploring the heavy metal scenes from various parts of Asia has been a fascinating and fun journey. I have hear a lot of interesting heavy metal outside of western culture. Most of the music I have listened to I enjoyed immensely but there have been a few bands that I couldn't get into their music. So far my favorite bands right now are Onmyo-Za (Japan), Black Kirin (China), Ego Fall (Mongolia), and Mysterain (China). I definitely recommend giving those bands a listen to on most streaming platforms. 

Over the course of the last several days, I created a second All Things Asian Spotify playlist but focusing on hard rock/heavy metal. It has been a labor of love. I certainly plan on updating it on a regular basis. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts