Music I Am Currently Listening to

It has been a great week for music. I got some new music in the mail this week (Ancient Myth's ArcheoNyx, Sungoddess's Zangai, and Serenity in Murder's The Highest Dystopia), and I made my frist trip to the Electric Fetus in over a year since the pandemic began. I bought Surma's The Light Within and Burning Witches' The Witch of the North but they will be on next week's blog post.

Love the new Ancient Myth album. I am very happy I ordered it  instead of waiting for it to show up on a streaming platform. ArcheoNyx will easily be going on my annual best of list. This is one of the best releases of 2021. Their lead singer Michal has a beautiful operatic voice. If the Japanese had their own version of Nightwish, Ancient Myth would be that band. You can hear samples of the album on the link I provided below . My current favorite track is #6 "Der Holle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen" . Not a single dud on the album. I have been listening to the album twice a day. People can find their other albums on Spotify for sure. 

I can now say I now the 3 albums of Serenity in Murder with their former singer Emi. I hope to get a hand on their latest album Reborn, and eventually I will via Amazon.jp. All the band's albums are my favorite metal albums at the moment.  While The Eclipse is my favorite of the Emi years, my latest acquirement The Highest Dystopia is a solid melodeath album. Heavy AF yet very melodic . There is not a day that goes by that doesn't involve Serenity in Murder's music. I paid good money for all my copies of SIM's music and they are so worth every $$$. 

This past week I have been trying to give some love to albums that I may have been neglecting like Helalyn Flowers' Airesis, Morgan Wade's Reckless, and Annie's Dark Hearts. It is kinda hard to when I am so much into a certain type of music or am obsessed with particular albums. 

Albums:
Ancient Myth: ArcheoNyx (trailer)















































Playlists:










Comments

Popular Posts