Music I Bought in July

Compared to May and June, July was a quiet month for my music buying habit. I did throw down $$$ for some great music, a lot of EPs and singles.

I recently got the new Ancient Myth album ArcheoNyx since it isn't currently available on any streaming platform. It was definitely worth the money. Ancient Myth is a symphonic  metal band from Japan. They remind me of fellow J-Metal bands Schonberg, Grand Finale, and Cross Vein. 

The more I listen to The Linda Linda's, the more I dig their punk rock sound. They have a new single out called Oh!. The song slaps. Hard. Definitely recommend listening to it as well as their self-titled album.

I recently discovered the Oregon based metal band Vintersea . Recently bought a shirt and their most recent release Illuminated. It is solid death/progressive metal. 

This month I discovered the black/doom metal/crust punk sound of Gallhammer. I have been listening to their music a lot. I found them through Unite Asia and I am glad I did. My life is better with having their music in my life even if the band is no longer together. I bought their limited edition demo on cassette and a t-shirt. Probably won't get it until between August and September because it is shipped out from Indonesia.

Stigmatize is a death metal band from Japan which I also discovered via Unite Asia. They only have a couple of singles out but I really like what I have heard.

Ancient Myth: ArcheoNyx






Gallhammer by Gallhammer



Comments

Popular Posts