My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! Here is this week's playlist. My current favorite song of the week is "Oh!" by The Linda Lindas. It so reminds me of early Go Go's. I definitely plan on buying their debut album for Epitaph Records later this year. Piroshka dropped a new album today called Love Drips and Gathers . I need to listen to it a few more times before I give my final verdict. From my initial listen, the album is enjoyable but at the moment not as good as Brickbat . 

Today I made my first trip back to the Electric Fetus for some new music. I have not set foot in the store since the beginning of the pandemic. I am not sure what was the last time I was there, it may even been late 2019. Anyways, it felt good being back at my favorite record store. I bought some new music by 2 heavy metal bands Surma and Burning Witches. I haven't listened to the Burning Witches album yet but the Surma album is really good. 

This week my Serenity in Murder and Sungoddess CDs finally arrived in the mail from Japan. Well worth the wait. 

Songs to Check Out:
"Oh!" by The Linda Lindas
"Scratching At the Lid" by Piroshka
"Skyland" by Helalyn Flowers
"Sunshine" by Wave And So
"Reign in Hell" by Maenad and The Ravers
"Desire" by Surma
  

Comments

Popular Posts