My 20 Favorite Musical Purchases of 2021

2021 has been a fantastic year for music. I have been buying a crap load of music, both physical and digital to help support bands I love. I thought I would share with readers my personal favorite releases that I bought this year. I have also included singles and EPs with the full length albums. 

Thanks to the melodic death metal band Ephemerality (Bejing, China), they introduced me to a genre I didn't think I could get into on a full time basis but they did because that led me to discover other melodic death metal bands like Serenity in Murder, Dharma, and Fractal Gates. 

As a huge fan of symphonic metal, I found a couple of bands that could give bands like Nightwish, Within Temptation, and Leaves' Eyes a run for their money, and those bands are Blodwen (Indonesia), Silent Elegy (Bejing, China), and Li Dao (Suzhou, China). I discovered Blodwen by accident on Bandcamp while looking for new music. Found Silent Elegy on Spotify playlist. I forgot where I found Li Dao. I am thinking either on Unite Asia or on some other metal related website. 

20. Ephemerality: Ephemerality
 

19. Mysterain entire digital catalog.

18. Reborn VN: Inner War


17. Hymn Above Traumatic Emotion: --2


16. Black Kirin: Gengzi


15. Serenity in Murder: Reborn


14. Dharma: Bhaisajyaguru


13. Kubine: The Others


12. Ritual Day: Weak Light of Silence: EP


11. Li Dao: 3000 Tombs


10. Chimeras: Mind Deception


09. Serenity in Murder: The First Frisson of the World


08. Sungoddess: Zangai


07. Stigmatize: Severe Catastrophe


06. Blutengel: Fountain of Destiny


05. Blodwen: WHen Autumn Ends


04. Ghost Cries: Deorum Festum

03. Krypteria: My Fatal Kiss

02. Blodwen: Winter Falls


01. Silent Elegy: Gone With the Wind

Comments

Popular Posts