Playlist of the Week

Last week, I compiled a playlist of my favorite bands for 2021. Unfortunately there are some bands I could not include on my playlist because their music is not on Spotify but I have included links to their Bandcamp pages at the below my Spotify playlist. There are some bands like Gallhammer who are no longer together, some I have no die what they are up to (still together or brokeup) like Ephemerality and Silent Elegy but most of the bands on my playlist are still active. I will update this playlist when I come across more bands that attracts my undivided attention through out the year.

Right now I am currently into melodic death metal, metalcore, and symphonic metal but I also have been listening to some black/doom metal. Melodic death metal band Serenity in Murder is my top favorite band of 2021. I discovered them when I fell in love with Ephemerality's self-titled debut EP from 2017. I decided to see if there were any bands like them and found SIM via YouTube. This also lead me to find the French melodeath band Fractal Gates. 

My other favorite bands I have discovered this year includes the symphonic metal bands: Schonberg (Japan), Blodwen (Indonesia), Mysterain (China), Silent Elegy (China), and Grand Finale (Japan).

Songs to Check Out:
"Leaves Burned to Ashes" by Serenity in Murder
"Ode to Home" by Blodwen"
"Illuminated" by Vintersea
"Infinity" by Fractal Gates
"Vanishing Destruction" by Seraphim
"Blind My Eyes" by Gallhammer
"Valkyrie" by Silent Elegy






Comments

Popular Posts