My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

TGIF! This week felt like it would never end. I filled in for a coworker and worked on posting charges electronically for her for the past 2 days, would have been 3 had the interface system  and its latest update didn't mess things up for me on Wednesday. What I couldn't post on Wednesday I had to on Thursday plus that day's charges too. I am tired. Then I found out I have to buy a new kitchen faucet this weekend for my condo unit this weekend. Now I know how I will be using my annual Visa gift card from work but a new faucet is needed. At least I won't be paying for it. Other BS happened this but I won't get into it. Just glad that issue was resolved.

Music-wise, I discovered this week Sneaker Pimps has a new album (sans Kelli Dayton) but with a new singer named Simonne Jones. The album is called Squaring the Circle . IMO the album didn't need to be over an hour long but in general the album is great. For me when the music reached the 55 minute mark, I felt like it could have ended right there and it would have been perfect. That said, I think the album is worth listening to. It is great to hear Sneaker Pimps again. I could hear some IAMX seep into the music here and there. My current favorite track is "Child in the Dark".

The Birthday Massacre released a new song called  "Dreams of You".  I love it. TBM can really do no wrong in my book. 

I listened to the new Rage of Light album Redemption with their new singer. It is a solid metal album. Same with Invicta by Skarlett Riot. 

I have yet to get sick and tired of listening to Purgatorium by Ghost Cries and Everything Has An End EP by GRAND FINALE, 2 of my favorite J-Metal bands I discovered earlier this year. Purgatorium is really giving Ancient Myth's ArcheoNyx and DengeL's Promised albums a run for their money when it comes to the top spot on my Best of 2021 list. I enjoyed the band's previous singer CoCo but their new singer Any is really impressive. Her range is right up there with Michal from Ancient Myth. 

Songs to Check Out:
"Don't Give Up" by GRAND FINALE
"Child in the Dark" by Sneaker Pimps
"Maktologen" by Makthaverskan
"Mermaids" by Ignea
"Dreams of You" by The Birthday Massacre

Comments

Popular Posts