Spotify Unwrapped 2021

It's that time of year when Spotify publishes users' listening habits for the year. Most of it was spot on but there was one list I had to take umbrage with, and that playlist is Your Artists Revealed. According to Spotify, my artists of the year is ABBA, Garbage, Chvrches, Brandi Carlile, Dolly Parton, Japanese Breakfast, Allison Russell, Valerie June, and P!nk. I was not able to post the actual playlist on my blog. I just get a very generic playlist. Maybe it was set up to be only seen by the user. Anyways Spotify's idea of artists of the year for me is a joke.

I am not sorry when I say this but the new releases from Garbage, Chvrches, and Brandi Carlile were not that interesting. I listened to them a few times and lost interest within a month of their release. I am not sorry for admitting to the fact the albums were dull. I really didn't listen to a lot of the other artists this year, maybe here and there but not as often as the metal bands I have been listening to on a daily basis.

My artists of the year according to me (this is just based on my Spotify listening habits, there are other artists I listened to but they are not on the streaming platform):
Black Kirin
Blodwen
Gallhammer
Mysterain
Onmyo-Za
Serenity in Murder
Silent Elegy
Sonicave
Undead Corporation

My Top 101 Songs for 2021 is a lot different. I would post it here however every time I tried to copy and paste it, the playlist I see is not mine but a generic playlist again. It has songs by artists I can't stand (i.e Avril Lavigne) or do not know WTF they are. 

Here is some of my top songs for 2021:
01. Icarus by Liv Moon
02. Phantom Blood by Unlucky Morpheus
03. Graceful Gate by Cross Vein
04. Forever Young by Blutengel (Alphaville cover)
05. Itsumo Nandodemo by Imaginary Flying Machines
06. Valkyrie by Silent Elegy
07. Something In Your Eyes by Steps
08. Stay the Night by Schonberg
09. Link by Mardelas
10. Cycle of Addiction by TELECiDE
11. Noticed This is the Betrayal by Serenity in Murder
12. Faded by Alan Walker
13. The Furthest Distance by Silent Elegy
14. Oriental Symphony by Gyze
15. The Song by Black Kirin
16. Nobody Knows by Grand Finale
17. Forever Love by Mary's Blood
18. Leaves Burned to Ashes by Serenity in Murder
19. Blue Romance by Blodwen
20. Apocalypse by Mardelas

My Top 5 genres I listened to in 2021:
01. Symphonic Metal
02. Kawai Metal
03. Chinese Metal
04. Darkwave
05. Visual Kei

My Top 5 Podcasts I listened to in 2021:
01. Homecooking
02. Dateline
03. Keep It!
04. The New Abnormal!
05. The Vanished Podcast

While Homecooking pretty much ended in December 2020, I love listening to the limited series food podcast when I need some joy in my life while working from home during the day. Earlier this fall I just got tired of podcasts like The New Abnormal and Fake the Nation. I can only take so much political talk nowadays. Twitter is more than plenty. 

So that is for my year in Spotify but I have a lot more to say towards the end of the year when I cover all the music I listened to on Spotify and outside of that streaming platform. 

Comments

Popular Posts