Playlist of the Week

Earlier this month I created a new playlist for my favorite songs I heard in 2021. It took me about 2 weeks, I recently finished my playlist of my Top 25 favorite songs of 2021. I chose to keep this playlist to 25 songs so personal favorite songs so get lost in the mix. It was a challenging task because there were so many bands I wanted to include on the playlist like Sonicave and Wave and So but I did the right thing and stuck to 25 songs. 

Diving into the metal scene in various regions of Asia was a large undertaking on my part. It was a good distraction for me during this dumpster fire of year (2020 part 2). I really wish I could have included songs by DengeL, Twilight Blooming, Ancient Myth, or Ritual Day because their music is unfortunately not available for streaming on Spotify. You can find those bands' music either on Bandcamp or on YouTube. 

I have picked out some choice tracks that I think definitely should be heard.  All of the songs are on Spotify and most likely on YouTube and Apple Music for non-Spotify users. 

Songs to check out:
"Higher" by El-Sun Musician (feat. Simmy)
"Enter Sandman" by Rina Sawayama
"Phantom of the Kingdom" by Ghost Cries
"Wilder Days" by Morgan Wade
"Leaves Burned to Ashes" by Serenity in Murder
"Don't Shut Me Down" by ABBA
"Hy-Brasil" by Allison Russell

Comments

Popular Posts