Album of the Week

I have been waiting for this album to drop, and it finally did last Friday. It is Arch Enemy's new album Deceivers. I have been excited about this album since the band started releasing singles from it earlier this year. I believe "Deceiver, Deceiver" was the first track the band unleashed on the public. I liked the song but it was not until "House of Mirrors" convinced me to pre-order the album in April or May. I was meh when Will to Power came out in 2017 so I was initially wary when I heard about Deceiver. I should also note I recently listened to Will to Power for the first time in 2-3 years, and it has grown on me quite a bit. 

As for Deceiver, I absolutely love it as much as War Eternal, my personal favorite Arch Enemy album. I have noticed the album is more accessible and melodic than on previous albums. Hardcore fans may not appreciate the band's more streamlined sound but I love it.  "The Watcher" is one of my favorite tracks off the album. Super catchy.  Another great track is "Handshake with Hell". Alissa White-Gluz mixes things up including clean vocals with her traditional harsh vocals. The song is a banger for this fan. There is not one track on the album I did not like. It is such a fun album to listen to while I work.

Comments

Popular Posts