My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

TGIF!

Last weekend I started watching the Netflix show Take 1 (here is a write up in RS India that is worth reading). It is a fairly enjoyable music based reality show (although episode 6 is boring AF) but over all I enjoyed it. The show also introduced me to some Korean artists I have never heard of like opera singer Sumi Jo and the duo AKMU. I have included a couple of songs by AKM (one of them being "Nakka" which is featured on the show), and Sumi Jo's version of "Ave Maria" (her version of "Song of Olympia" is not available on any streaming service). 

One of my favorite albums I listened to this week was The Berlin Concert by John Williams. The live album features John and the Berliner Philharmoniker Orchestra. The songs are all songs I knew from various movies to the theme song for the Olympics. I have included "Olympic Fanfare and theme" on this week's playlist. It is such a beautiful song. 

This week, the Japanese metal band GRAND FINALE dropped a new EP called Resonance , a 5 song EP that runs 24 minutes. Solid follow up to Everything Has An End. Cuurrent favorite song on the album is "End of the Night" which is featured on this week's playlist. 

This past week, I discovered the power metal band Nacarbide, the band consists of Japanese musicians with a Thai lead singer. They really have a dope sound, very Judas Priest/Iron Maiden in the '80s. It isn't easy for me to find a Southeast Asian woman fronting a heavy metal band. They are a few and far between. Their song "Dear Friend" which is featured on this week's playlist is from their album Iron Lotus

This is basically what all I have to say about this week's playlist other than enjoy!

Songs to Check Out:
"2 Die 4" by Tove Lo
"End of the Night" by GRAND FINALE  
"Chantey" by AKMU
"Dear Friend" by Narcabide
"Shooting Star" by Muna
"Ave Maria" by Sumi Jo

Comments

Popular Posts