My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! Got a Studio Ghibli heavy playlist week. I have been listening to a lot of music from Studio Ghibli and Joe Hisaishi all week. I did though threw in some other tunes. Been listening a lot to the new Dixie Chicks's new song "Gaslighter" which came out this week. It is super catchy. Contrary to the title, it is NOT about that orange clown of a dictator but Natalie's ex, just listen to the lyrics. Also have been unable to stop listening to GATA's rendition of "Beds Are Burning" by Midnight Oil. That is a fun song to listen to as loud as possible. Last weekend I picked up some new music from the Electric Fetus, one of the CDs I bought was Vagabon's self-titled album. I have been listening to it a lot. Super excited about seeing her live at 7th St Entry next month. I hope she performs "Secret Medicine" which is my current favorite song by her. Phantogram has a new album out today called Ceremony, it is pretty good. Really dig the song "Glowing".

Songs to check out:
"Beds Are Burning" by Gabriel and the Apocalypse
"I Don't Care If I'm Wasted" by Chandeen
"Gra" by Wardruna
"Secret Medicine" by Vagabon
"Gaslighter" by Dixie Chicks
"Glowing" by Phantogram

Comments

Popular Posts