My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

I would love to say my usual greeting of "TGIF" or "Happy Friday" but considering the current climate, I just can't for a good amount of time. This week I started working from home (thank you very much Covid-19). This climate terrifies me since I live with type 2 diabetes and my immune system is compromised. Despite my condition, I refuse to live in fear and I still go out to go get my groceries. To be honest as an Asian American, I am more concerned with my physical safety because members of my community has been harassed and/or assaulted.

That said, here is this week's playlist. I have discovered some great female fronted power metal bands like Visionatica, Eleine, and Kalidia. Also discovered the all female mariachi band Flor de Toloache courtesy of Code Switch, and ended up buying a ticket to their rescheduled show in November at the Dakota. The Birthday Massacre released a new album today called Diamonds. It is rock solid, go check it out.

Songs to Check Out:
"Wir sind unsterblich" by Blutengel
"Ode to Melancholy" by Azam Ali
"Fear" by Visionatica
"To the Darkness I Belong" by Kalidia
"Wits About You" by Vagabon
"No Sigas (Don't Speak" by Flor de Toloache
"The Sky Will Turn" by The Birthday Massacre

Comments

Popular Posts