My Top 5 Favorite Soundtracks from Studio Ghibli

All this week I have been binging on the soundtracks to numerous Studio Ghibli films. I still have four more soundtracks to hear (Up From On Poppy Hill, Kiki's Delivery Service, La Folia - Mr. Dough and the Egg Princess, and The Wind Rises). Here are my top 5 favorite soundtracks that has stood out with me (so far). I will later post a blog entry ranking all of Studio Ghibli soundtracks which will most likely be next week. I particularly love the soundtracks for My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo. Joe Hisaishi successfully captures the lightheartedness of both films. As for Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Laputa, I don't really have to say much other than asides from I love Joe Hisaishi's music. They are also my favorite Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli films too.

Side note: I couldn't find the soundtrack for Grave of the Fireflies (most depressing animated film EVER!) on Spotify, maybe that will come later because for awhile I wasn't able to find soundtracks from My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo until this past Monday. I did look under the composer's name Michio Mamiya and didn't see it.









Comments

Popular Posts