My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! Got lots of new tracks on my playlist this week. Listened to quite a few albums I have not listened to in a long time like Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain, Hatchie's Keepsake, and Ad Infinitum's Chapter 1: Monarchy. 

Right now I am obsessed with Rina Sawayama's interpretation of the Metallica song "Enter Sandman". It is so good. I love how Rina is able to smash boundaries between pop and metal on this track. I hope she performs her cover at her show next year (if the pandemic isn't as bad as it is now and the show doesn't get pushed back again or cancelled altogether). 

I finally got around to checking out Sturgill Simpson's music with his new album The Ballad of Dood and Juanita. I wish I listened to Sturgill's music sooner. I really enjoyed what I heard. Now this is my sort of country music, not Kenny Chesney or worse yet that r*cist f*ckwad Morgan Wallen. 

Korean rock band Walking After U released a new EP called Are We Ready? today. It's not my favorite release by the band but it does have some solid tracks like "Ariel". 

Songs to Check Out:
"Enter Sandman" (Metallica cover) By Rina Sawayama
"Ariel" by Walking After U
"He Said, She Said" by Chvrches
"Played Out" by Sturgill Simpson
"I Will Follow" by Chapel Heart
"Empyreal" by Roniit  
"Cross the Line" by Wingtips

Comments

Popular Posts