Playlist of the Week

Last night I posted my 20 favorite albums I listened to this summer, now tonight I am posting my favorite songs I have listened to this past summer. While most of the music I have listened to this summer has been on the metal side, I did venture into some country and darkwave music. Really dug the new albums by Chapel Hart and Sturgill Simpson albums. 

This might be an unpopular take but I think the song "Don't Shut Me Down" , the B-side to the new single "I Still Have Faith in You" is a vastly superior track. The song has better melodies. It is just more catchier and sticks in my head longer. Still I like "I Still Have Faith in You" and do plan on buying the new ABBA album later this fall.

My current favorite song at the moment is the searing Metallica cover "Enter Sandman" by Rina Sawayama. I have been listening to it constantly during the day. I love the energy and enthusiasm Rina puts into the song. It is so much fun to listen to her version. 

Right now I am currently obsessed with the songs "Future King" by Sin Isomer, "Blindfold" by Fathomeless Skywalker, and "When Destines Align" by Lovebites. The metal scene in Japan is incredible. I really hope that Lovebites continues to push forward after their bassist decided to move on and left the band. Their brand of power metal is right up is so good. The talent in that band is incredible and on par with the likes of their European peers like Battle Beast and Judas Priest. I also wish bands like Lovebites, Schonberg, and Serenity in Murder would get  larger record distribution deals. Their music deserves to be heard outside of the continent of Asia. 

My favorite songs of Summer 2021:
"Enter Sandman" (Metallica cover) by Rina Sawayama  
"Airplane pt. 2" (Japanese version) by BTS
"Oh!" by The Linda Lindas
"Don't Shut Me Down" by ABBA
"Future King" by Sin Isomer
"Depths of Madness" by Karkaos
"When Destinies Align" by Lovebites
"Blindfold" by Fathomless Skywalker

Comments

Popular Posts