My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

TGIF! I listened to a lot of music released in 2021 as well as recently so this week's playlist is chockful of new music. 

Last weekend I went over to the Electric Fetus. I bought the new Sturgill Simpson album The Ballad of Dood and Juanita which I absoliutely loved from the first time I heard it on Spotify. The song "Juanita" is featured on this week's mix.  I also picked up Joy Oladokun's In Defense Of My Own Happiness. Joy is a queer Black woman who mixes folk, rock, rhythm and blues,  and pop music to create her own sound. It is a beautiful album and I am glad I bought it. My current favorite song off her album is "Let It Be Me" which is also on this week's playlist. 

The new releases by Angel Olson, Marina,Spiritbox, Belly and Sleigh Bells are the top of my list of favorite 2021 releases I listened to this week. Belly's Bees album is a collection of rarities and B-Sides. It is a lot to listen to. There were some misses with me but for the most part I did enjoy listening to the compilation. 

Songs to Check Out:
"Broken" by Belly
"Let It Be Me" by Joy Oladokun
"Forever Young" by Angel Olson
"I'm Not Down" by Sleigh Bells
"The Beasts' Carnival" by Sonicave
"Celephais" by Necronomidol
"Eternal Blue" by Spiritbox
"Rise up" by Chloe Flower
"New America" by Marina

Comments

Popular Posts