Album of the Week

Last week, I went to Chicago to see the Japanese rock band Band-Maid. While in the city, I also caught a showing of Wicked the Musical. This was the first time I had seen the musical, and I loved every minute of it. I never read the book the musical is based on until now (just started reading it) so I went into the musical without knowing the storyline. Ever since my trip to Chicago, I have been listening to the original Broadway cast recording. It is a fun way to make my afternoons more bearable as my workday winds down. "Dancing Through Life", "Popular", "Defying Gravity", "As Long As You're Mine", and "For Good" are my favorite tracks. 

I enjoyed watching the current touring cast in Chicago. Everyone put in a great performance. I wish there was a recorded performance with the original Broadway cast ala Hamilton on Disney+ since I never got to see the original Broadway cast. Not sure if I like the idea that Jon Chu's film adaptation is being split into 2 films. 

Comments

Popular Posts