Album of the Week

For this week's Album of the Week, I went with Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Music From and Inspired By soundtrack. I saw the new Black Panther movie almost 2 weeks ago and loved it. The film was visually stunning, the performances were incredible but especially by Angela Bassett as Queen Ramonda, and the writing was wonderful especially when it came to handling T'Challa's passing (and paying tribute to the late actor Chadwick Boseman). Once again, Ludwig Goransson provided the film score which people can listen to on Spotify here at this link . He did a great job scoring the film. My favorite though is the music from this album that features various African, American, and Mexican artists. I just loved this mesh of cultures featured on one soundtrack. I am probably one of the few people who actually likes the Rihanna ballad "Lift Me Up". Also really dug the tracks "La Vida" by Snow tha Product and E-40, "No Woman No Cry" by Tems, and "Arboles Bajo El Mar" by Vivir Quintana, Mare Advertencia Lirika. Generally, I am not big on soundtracks which some of the songs weren't in the film but I really loved this album. The music truly captured the essence of the new Black Panther film. 

Comments

Popular Posts