Playlist of the Week

While I was in Chicago, I started compiling my favorite songs for November. One of my favorite songs is the theme song to "Sailor Moon" because there is a hilarious video of five buffed Asian men fighting a foreigner takes place in Hong Kong on Halloween that went viral on Twitter. Someone inserted the Sailor Moon theme song into the video. I had this song stuck in my head since I saw the video last week. Funny AF. I have included the Japanese and English version of the theme song. That song is a bop and it still slaps after all these years. 

I have also included one of my favorite songs from the soundtrack to the Kdrama Hotel del Luna by 10cm, which I recently started watching 2 weeks. I love the fantasy element of the show. The music the show features is beautiful and truly captures the mood of the scene it is featured in. 

Ever since I saw Wicked the Musical last Thursday, I have been listening to the soundtrack to the musical every day. So many good songs on the soundtrack but I am particularly fond of "As Long As You're Mine". 

Other favorite songs includes:
"Crystals" by AprilBlue (Japanese shoegaze)
"Flightless Bird, American Mouth" by Iron and Wine (song is featured on the latest episode of Song Exploder)
"The Water is Wide" by Sumi Jo (Korean opera singer)
"Meteor" by Cross Vein (Japanese metal band)

Comments

Popular Posts