Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

Here is what I have been listening to all this week. I have been tweaking my Random Mix playlists. Going to try to keep them updated with current favorite songs (new and old alike). Listened to a lot of old and new music this week.

Been on an Autumn kick this past week. I have been listening to their three albums all week. I would have to rank their albums in this order from my very fave to my least fave: ChandelierThe Hating TreeReturn to the Breath. Time has really tempered the band and I can hear it in their new album. I really recommend listening to all three albums in one work day. It is really interesting to hear the band grow and mature through out the years.

I am a big Goldfrapp fan and been a fan since Felt Mountain first came out but Silver Eye was a massive disappointment when I first heard it  last year. When the deluxe edition came out recently, I decided to give it a listen. Unfortunately nothing has changed. I just don't like the album. I like the version of "Ocean" with Dave Gahan on vocals but the album as a whole didn't appeal to me.

2018 is shaping to be a great year for Alfa Matrix records. They have put out some killer releases this year from the likes of Aiboforcen, Helalyn Flowers, and Junksista. I am particularly fond of the new Aiboforcen and Helalyn Flowers albums. I wasn't even aware of the new Aiboforcen album until I saw a mention for it on Facebook. That proved to be a great investment.

I am glad I picked up Psalm One's P.O.L.Y (Psalm One Loves You) when I went to see her two weekends ago. While the album does not rise to the greatness of The Death of Frequent Flyer , it is a great rap album. There are some solid good tunes, Psalm One is so grossly underrated and is so overlooked in the rap scene.

Albums:




























Playlists:












Comments

Popular Posts