Current favorite songs of the week

Yesterday, I had an appointment at the new tattoo shop Bee Ink after work. I didn't get home to later that night because I stopped to get dinner along the way home and didn't feel like posting this week's playlist of my favorite songs. This week, most of the songs on the playlist are older tracks. The last couple of days this past week, the weather has been really crappy and nothing like some older post-punk sounds by the likes of Lush and The Foreign Resort.

Tiny Deaths has a new album coming out called Magic coming out in September, in the meantime there are a couple of new songs out by them "Us" and "Always". My favorite is "Always" which is on the playlist this week. Tiny Death is a local electropop band from the Twin Cities. I really enjoy their music quite a bit. I saw Claire and her live band open up for Sleigh Bells two years ago at the Fine Line. They put on a great set.

What is a blog entry from me without mentioning my favorite band Autumn? Ha! The band is going on tour next go see them (tour dates on their Facebook page) and go check out Chandelier. The band is so good live too. This week's favorite tracks by the band "Atrophy" from The Hating Tree and from Chandelier "A Vow Worth Keeping".

This week I got a couple of Nahko and Medicine for the People albums from the library (I will be seeing them live in September after I get back from my trip to Chicago). "Great Spirit" has been one of my go to songs I listen to in the early stages of grieving after my father passed away last summer. It is such a beautiful song.

I came across the Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross soundtrack to Ken Burns' The Vietnam War documentary, it is so good. Their dark, haunting compositions reminds me quite a bit of their work on The Girl With the Dragon Soundtrack. "The Forever Rain" is my favorite track off the album.

Songs to check out:
"Heart Breaks Down (Sway Remix)" by The Foreign Resort
"Marching the Line" by Moonlight Cove
"Where Tides Softly Gaze" by Mercury's Antennae
"A Vow Worth Keeping" by Autumn
"Trinken Mit Der Kaizer (Die Bierz From Hell" by Hanzel und Gretyl
"The Last Time We Spoke" by A Covenant of Thorns
"Always" by Tiny Deaths
"Great Spirit" by Nahko and Medicine for the People

Comments

Popular Posts