My current favorite songs

TGIF! For a 4 day work week (for me), it sure felt like it would never end. This week it is a good mix of old favorites and new songs. Pre-ordered some new music by the likes of Ashbury Heights and Helix (Tom Shears and Mari Kattman's new project), super psyched about hearing their albums when they come out next month.

Got some old faves by Sisters of Mercy, Autumn, Peter Murphy, Kirlian Camera, Dead Can Dance, Iris, and Assemblage 23. Word has it Iris is working on a new album and an announcement will be made soon. Another synthpop fave Syrian does have a new album called Sirius Interstellar which drops in early September. I hope they will have a CD copy to sell too.Check out the song "Distance" on their bandcamp page. It is pretty solid in my book.

On the new side of things, nothing surprising here with songs by  Autumn, Hanzel und Gretyl, Helalyn Flowers, and Aiboforcen ;).

Metric has a new song out called "Dressed to Suppress". I really love this track. Very atmospheric. I really wasn't all that impressed with their previous album so I hope this new album won't be another disappointment.

One of my current favorite songs is the acoustic version of "Medication" from Version 2.0 (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) . It is rather pretty. I love how sparse the track is.

Songs to check out:
"Dressed to Suppress" by Metric
"Breathless" by Helalyn Flowers
"We Rise As Demons" by Hanzel und Gretyl
"Medication (acoustic)" by Garbage
"Life in the Valley of Death" by Aiboforcen
"Away" by Autumn

Comments

Popular Posts