My Current Favorite Songs

I am posting my playlist a day early because I am seeing Rina Sawayama tomorrow night at First Avenue, and didn't want to feel rushed on getting it out to any interested listeners. Got lots of new music on my playlist this week. 

My favorite death metal band from Japan Serenity in Murder, just released a new single "Revolt". I was not disappointed. It is a different sound from their music on their last album Reborn, first release with their new singer Ayumu. The band recently signed with Apostasy Records, a German record label. I am excited. I hope this means metal fans outside of Japan and Asia will have easier access to their music.

I discovered this week Hocico has a new album out called HyperViolent. I need to listen to it a few more times before I can say if I like it or not. I only listened to it once. I did dig their cover of Ministry's "N.W.O". It is a kickass cover.

The Japanese steampunk/heavy metal band Fate Gear dropped a new album called Killers in the Sky this week. Love it! "Be Invisible!" is my current favorite song off the album.

Songs to Check Out:
"Revolt" by Serenity in Murder
"Machine Doll" by Omelas
"The Key" by Hatchie
"As I Try Not to Fall Apart" by White Lies
"N.W.O" by Hocico (Ministry cover)
"Be Invisible!" by Fate Gear

Comments

Popular Posts