My Favorite Metal Albums of 2022

2022 was a fantastic year for heavy metal. I thought I would post a list of my favorite heavy metal albums that came out this year. The Japanese metal scene definitely came out swinging hard with new albums by Omelas, Mai Yajima, and Ibuki (to just name a few) but I also heard some killer music coming outside of Asia like Arch Enemy, Battle Beast, Nocturna, Sabaton, and Visions of Atlantis. 

My top favorite metal album is easily the debut album by the Japanese death metal band Omelas featuring former Ghost Cries lead singer Coco, followed up by Deceivers by Arch Enemy, and Rumble of Thunder by The Hu. Those albums have gotten the most airplay from me. 

01. Omelas: Dawn


02. Arch Enemy: Deceivers


03. The Hu: Rumble of Thunder


04. Battle Beast: Circus of Doom


05. Sabaton: The War to End All Wars


06. Oceans of Slumber: Starlight and Ash


07. Ibuki: My Life


08. Nocturna: Daughters of the Night


09. Mai Yajima: Metamorphose


10. Visions of Atlantis: Pirates

Honorable mentions:
MistoriA: Eve





Comments

Popular Posts