Playlist of the Week

It is the last week of December, here this month's mix of my favorite songs. This was a great month for music. I discovered some new heavy metal bands (to me) like the one man Native American metal act BlackBraid, and the Mexican metal bands Cemican, El Cuervo de Poe, and Aryem. There is definitely a lot of metal on this month's mix. I also listened to a good amount of pop music. There is something for everyone on this month's playlist.

I have been listening a lot to Alexander Desplat's score to Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio, my current favorite film on Netflix. I love both the music and the film. Gregory Mann's "Ciao Papa" is a beautifully heartbreaking ballad. I definitely recommend listening to the soundtrack and watching the film. 

Earlier this month Japanese symphonic metal band Liv Moon released a new album Our Stories. I guess they took a hiatus since The End of the Beginning. Great album from start to finish. "Never" is my personal favorite track from the album. 

Songs to Check Out:
"Never" by Liv Moon  
"Sacanaga" by BlackBraid
"Ciao Papa" by Gregory Mann (from Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio)
"First Love" by Hikaru Utada
"Super Trouper" (ABBA cover) by Amberian Dawn
"Circle With Me" by Spiritbox
"La Llorona" by El Cuervo de Poe

Comments

Popular Posts