Album of the Week

Over the weekend, I went over to the Electric Fetus to treat myself to some new music. One of the albums I bought was Amberian Dawn's Take A Chance (A Metal tribute to ABBA). I love ABBA and heavy metal music so when I saw this album in the metal section, I knew I was going to be buying the album. What a great investment. Take A Chance is such a fun album to listen to. I like that the band didn't go for the obvious songs like "Dancing Queen" and "Take a Chance On Me". Believe it or not, the band covers an ABBA song I never heard of called That's Me . It isn't my favorite ABBA song but I like it. I do like Amberian Dawn's version over the original. My favorite tracks on the album are "Super Trouper" (my absolute favorite ABBA song), "Angel Eyes", and "Under Attack" (a highly underrated ABBA song IMO). The one quibble I have with the album is that I wish the band covered more songs. ABBA has so many songs worth covering like "Chiquita", and "Knowing Me, Knowing You" but at the end of the day, the album is fantastic for this ABBA and metal fan.

Comments

Popular Posts