Playlist of the Week

Last week, I decided to resurrect my heavy metal playlist Headbangers Ball. I deleted it over the summer because I felt the music had gotten stale. I knew I would eventually create a new version, but I didn't know when that would happen. I was inspired to create a new mix when I started listening to albums by BlackBraid, Walk in Darkness, Sleeping Romance, and Deathless Legacy.

This new playlist has a lot of my favorite metal tracks but I also have added new bands I have discovered on Spotify or from various lists. I especially have been adding a lot of heavy metal bands from Mexico and from other Indigenous cultures. 2 of my new favorite Mexican metal bands right now are Ayrem (symphonic metal) and Cemican (folk/death metal). I really want show that the heavy metal scene is extremely diverse. I definitely like this new mix more so than the previous playlist. 

Off-topic: I am leaving Twitter sometime in early 2023. Twitter is becoming a complete mess now that Nazis are allowed to be back on the platform, and last week  members of the media were finding their account temporarily suspended. I am also not okay with how antivaxxer are getting away with their lies. The climate of Twitter is less than desirable for me so I decided that sometime in January, my Twitter account will be deleted. I have recently set up an account on Post as eanderson74.  I may sign up with Mastodon but right now the jury is still out about that social media site.

Songs to Check Out:
"Leaves Rolling in Time" by Walk in Darkness
"Ora Pro Nobis" by Deathless Legacy
"Circle With Me" by Spiritbox
"Sacandaga" by BlackBraid


Comments

Popular Posts