Concerts I Attended in 2022

Due to the pandemic, I hadn't been to a single concert until 2022. Last show I went to was back in January 2020 before Covid was declared a global pandemic.It was rough not being able to see live music for 2 years. I definitely made up for the unplanned break with 6 concerts in 2022. 

Two of the concerts were postponed until this year (Rina Sawayama and Wardruna). The wait to see Rina and Wardruna was so worth the damn wait. My favorite concert though has to be Japanese Breakfast and The Linda Lindas. Japanese Breakfast is so worth seeing live. Her recordings really don't do her music justice compared to their live performance, especially "Paprika" with the gong. The Linda Lindas are a really fun band to see live. I really can't wait to see how this young punk rock band grow over time. Same can be said about Muna with Jensen McCrae. Muna's set was incredible. They had so much energy. RCA dropping the band was a big mistake but I'm glad Phoebe Bridgers signed the band to her label. The band released one of my favorite albums of 2022. 

This year was the fifth time I saw Nightwish live (3rd time with Floor). They never disappoint. Beast in Black was a great opening act. 

Last month I went to Chicago to see the Japanese rock/metal band Band-Maid. Shitty venue but the band was incredible live. 

2022 was a great year for live music. 

Rina Sawayama at First Avenue








Nightwish with Beast in Black at The Fillmore






Japanese Breakfast w/The Linda Lindas at First Avenue






Muna w/Jensen McCrae at First Avenue






Wardruna at The State Theatre


Band-Maid at The House of Blues (Chicago)


Comments

Popular Posts