My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! Here is this week's mix. Enjoy!

Some thoughts:
I listened to a lot of metal this past week. Japanese symphonic metal band Liv Moon released their first album in several years called Our Stories. It is one of my favorite J-metal albums I have heard this year. "Symphonia" is my new favorite song off the album. 

I also discovered some new bands (to me) from Mexico this week, Cemican and Aryem. Cemican is more folk/death metal while Aryem is symphonic metal. I am particularly fond of Aryem. They do a rad cover of the traditional Mexican folk song "La Llarona" on their first album Dangerous Paradise . 

I am still listening to Take a Chance (A Metal Tribute to ABBA). It is such a fun album to listen to at any time of day. "Mamma Mia" is my current favorite track on the album.

Songs to Check Out:
"Symphonia" by Liv Moon   
"Bent by Storms and Dreams" by Walk in Darkness
"Barefoot Ghost Dance on Blood Soaked Soil" by BlackBraid
"Mamma Mia (ABBA cover)" by Amberian Dawn
"Munin" by Wardruna


Comments

Popular Posts