2022 Albums That Got Overlooked

This week, I finally got around to listening to some albums that I made the mistake in not listening to in 2022.

Re:NO - Dreamer 
Fate Gear - Killers in the Sky Part 2
Ndlovu Youth Choir - Grateful
Asunojokei - Island  
Nemophilia - Seize the Fate
Miyavi - Miyaviverse

Right now I am particularly fond of the debut album by former Aldious lead singer Re:NO.  An ear disease forced Re:NO to leave Aldious in 2018 but it did not stop her from making music. I had heard a couple of singles from her earlier in 2022 and liked what I heard. I just discovered a week ago, she released a solo album called Dreamer. It is a mix of metal, rock, and pop. I have been listening to it every other day. I wish I found this album sooner otherwise it definitely would have been on my best of list for 2022.

Last week I discovered the delightful Ndlovu Youth Choir on Twitter last week.Ndlovu Youth Choir is a South African group that has been featured on America's Got Talent. I saw a short clip of them performing Fleetwood Mac's "Seventh Wonders" on Twitter, and their performance sent chills down my spine and tears to my eyes. They are just a delightful group to listen to. The first album I checked out by the choir was their latest album "Grateful". The way the group harmonizes is breathtaking to listen to. So many great songs. They even do a beautiful cover of Michael Jackson's "Man in the Moon". I think if Michael Jackson was alive, he would have loved that cover.

In the spring of 2022, Japanese steampunk/metal band Fate Gear released the first of 2 parts Killers in the Sky. Part 2 came out in November. With all the music I have been listening to, Killers in the Sky pt. 2 got lost in the mix. I finally got to listen to it. Loved both parts 1 and 2. 

Don't have a lot to say about the albums by Asunjokei (post black metal), Miyavi (metal/rock/pop/edm), and Nemophilia (metal) other than their albums are great, and I think they are worth checking out.











Comments

Popular Posts