Playlist of the Week

Last month, I was listening to local hip hop artists Dessa and Maria Isa one day during the work day. I was immediately inspired to create a playlist of local artists and bands that I love. Most of the artists and bands are current and still around but there are some acts who are no longer together or currently on hiatus. I also included 3 tracks from Lizzo's first album Lizzobanger because at the time Lizzo was still living in the Twin Cities. I did not include Prince because he really isn't high on my list of favorite local artists/bands. I have a lot of respect for him as a musician and he was talented AF but I am more of a casual listener. I would be lying to myself to include him on this mix. Also, it would be so obvious. I feel like there is so many other artists and bands that gets overlooked in the Minnesota scene.

Songs to Check Out:
"Half of You" by Dessa
"Blue Angel" by Graveyard Club
"Starting Over" by Trampled by Turtles
"Damage" by Autumn
"My Love" by Maria Iisa
"Umbrellar" by Dua Saleh

Comments

Popular Posts