Album of the Week

Last weekend I came across Ibuki's heavy metal project Natsumetal on Spotify.  Ibuki is a Japanese artist I recently started listening to this year. The name of the band Natsumetal is an abbreviation that means arranging a nostalgic song in heavy metal (Natsukasii = Nostalgic for Japan). According to Ibuki's website, the album is a collection of cover songs of popular Japanese song from the 70s - 90s. It is a fun album to listen to as loud as possible during the workday. My absolute favorite song off the album is the first track "Yoakeno Sukyatto". It is a total ear worm. Always listening to the song at least 3x a day. "S.O.S" is another favorite track of mine. Really like the harmonies on the song. Kinda has a Shonen Knife sort of vibe but with metal guitar riffs. My least favorite track is "Monkey Magic". That is the one song I have to skip on an otherwise great album. 

Comments

Popular Posts