My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

This week has been a great week for music. This week's playlist definitely has some songs released in 2022, more so than last week's playlist. 

I have been eagerly waiting for the debut album by the Japanese death metal band Omelas titled Dawn . I am thinking their lead singer Coco was the previous singer for the dramatic death metal band Ghost Cries . I say this because I was looking on Omelas' FB page and saw that their lead singer is Coco. Ghost Cries' singer was named singer. I am glad to see Coco is in another band, and this new band sounds fantastic. I like how Coco switches back and forth from harsh to clean vocals through out the album, just like during her days in Ghost Cries. So many good songs on the album but I opted for "Hope" to put on this week's playlist.

If metal fans haven't heard of the Indian folk/metal band Bloodywood , they should now. Their album Rakshak is one of the best metal albums to come out in 2022. I spent the entire week listening to Rakshak while working during the day. "Dana-Dan" is my current favorite song by the band.

Last weekend, I discovered that my one of my favorite Japanese dreampop/shoegaze bands re:lapse ahs a new EP out re:lapse II ep. It is as wonderful as their first ep re:lapse. . Love their song "Wagon" which is featured on this week's playlist. I honestly think some of the best dreampop I have been listening to as of lately is coming straight out of Japan. 

Songs to Check Out:
"One More Time" by The Birthday Massacre
"Dystopia (MVSE Remix)" by JVNA
"Dreadnought" by Sabaton  
"Hope" by Omelas
"Fake" by Undead Corporation
"Dana-Dan" by Bloodywood
"Wagon" by re:lapse

Comments

Popular Posts