My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday!

It is a very metal/J-metal-centric playlist this week. It all started when I began listening to the '80s J-metal/rock bands Personz and Show-Ya, and that led me to get start listening to some of my favorite J-metal albums by Ghost Cries, Lovebites, Ibuki, and GRAND FINALE. 

When I wasn't listening to J-metal, I did squeeze in the new albums by the Japanese ska band Oreskaband and the power metal band Sabaton. Really enjoyed their new albums. Ska really isn't my jam but I enjoy Oreskaband's music quite a bit. They are one of many bands that I discovered via Unite Asia last year.

The new Sabaton album is excellent. I loved every single track off it. I hope to make a trip down to the record store (aka the Electric Fetus) and see if I can find a physical copy of the album.  

Vietnamese metalcore band Windrunner has a new single out "Scarlette" featuring Valiant Hearts. I love it. Earlier this week I pre-ordered a t-shirt/CD bundle from the band from their international store. I am looking forward to hearing their new album Tan when it comes out next month. 

Songs to check out:
"Yoakeno Sukyatto" by Natsumetal  
"Tokyo, I Scream" by Show-Ya
"Phantom of the Kingdom" by Ghost Cries
"Everything Has An End" by GRAND FINALE
"Stormy" by Oreskaband
"Soldier of Heaven" by Sabaton
"Today, Today"" by Go With Strangers
"Scarlette" by Windrunner, Valiant Hearts

Comments

Popular Posts