Band Recommendations

It has been awhile since I shared a list of bands I recommend on checking out. Well, maybe "awhile" might be an understatement. I forgot the last time I posted a list of my favorite artists/bands people should check out ;). Here is a current list of bands I am recommending to my readers.

Kiki is a tsugaru-shamisen duo from Tokyo, Japan. They formed in 2008. They have one album out called Loop Loop Loop. I recently disdcovered this duo via Spotify a couple of weeks ago. I have been totally enchanted with their music. Here is a link featuring some videos of the duo from Cool Japan.
Kiki: Loop Loop Loop


Go With Strangers (post rock/shoegaze)
I discovered Go With Strangers via the website Unite Asia. One of my favorite finds in 2022. As a fan of dreampop/shoegaze music, Go With Strangers hits the right notes for me. 

Bloodywood (Indian folk/metal)

Another cool find from Unite Asia. I love their fusion of Indian folk music with modern heavy metal music. 

re:lapse (post rock/shoegaze)
I found the Tokyo based band either on YouTube or Spotify but either way, I love their music. They have 2 EPs out and they are so worth listening to. 

Whale Done! (post rock/shoegaze)
I found this Taiwanese based band via Spotify. I love what I have heard from them so far. 

Fifi Rong (Ambient/Electronica/Pop)
Another Spotify discovery. Fifi's music is a beautiful abstract mix of pop, classical, ambient, r and b, and eletronica music. 

Comments

Popular Posts