Album of the Week

For this week's Album of the Week, I chose the latest album by the Japanese metal band Show-Ya.I have been listening to Showdown on a daily basis for the past several days. The band itself formed in 1981 with Keiko Terada and Miki Nakamura, and eventually would break up in 1998. In 2005, the band reunited and have been together since then. I love the fact that the band has been around for 3 decades.

I discovered the band last year when I began exploring the metal scene in various parts of Asia. I came across their album Aurora on Spotify. At the time, I was meh about their classic rock/heavy metal sound but then I heard "Eye to Eye" last year as a single, and I quickly changed my mind on them. I think it was in January or February when I saw the band had a new album out called Showdown. I wish I had discovered it sooner; the album would have easily been in the top ten of my annual best of list last year. Showdown is 50 minutes of fun. The music is super catchy, and the musicianship is fantastic. 

Comments

Popular Posts