Earworm of the Week

Today I came across the Japanese metal band Natsumetal and their self-titled album which was recommended to me for the day. I checked it out and was immediately hooked. All day I have been obsessed with the opening track "Yoakeno Sukyatto" and been playing the song throughout the work day. The song is ridculously catchy AF. I love it!  Natsumetal features metal songstress Ibuki, whose music I have been listening to quite a bit of in recent weeks. 

According to this article on the band, Natsumetal takes a lot of their sound from the 70s - 90s in the heavy metal genre. I have listened to their album at least 2x today. I would say that description is pretty accurate. Sounds like this is just a side project and most likely a one album thing for the band. I am not going to hold out for another Natsumetal album but I did like what I have heard, and I enjoy Ibuki's solo albums. She is an incredible singer.

Comments

Popular Posts