Music from Vietnam worth checking out

This week I started putting together a playlist of heavy metal and alternative/hard rock bands from Vietnam. Because I listen to a lot of metal bands from East Asia, I felt now would be time to create a playlist that centers around Vietnam, the country I came from. I thought I have neglected my native country too long and Vietnam needed its own playlist. With the assistance of the website Unite Asia, I began to find bands and their music to add to my mix. There might be some bands that are no longer together but most are definitely still around. People can check out my mix at Vietnamese Metal/Rock, not the most original name but it will have to do.

Anesthetic Youth: Echoes - Anesthetic Youth is currently on an indefinite hiatus. I found out about it yesterday on their IG page. It is a shame but I am glad I found their music. AY is an alternative rock band from Ho Chi Minh City. They started out as a hardcore band but eventually evolved and became more experimental when hired vocalist Giang.

Diarsia - Diarsia is a deathcore band also from Ho Chi Minh City. They are a fairly new band who only has four singles out but all four singles are kick ass. Their music heavy as fuck. The music sounds so good when the volume is turned up.

Reborn VN: Inner War - Reborn is a dope ass death metal band. I think they are from Hanoi. Inner War is one of my favorite releases from 2021. I hope they plan on releasing some new tunes this year. I am itching for some new Reborn songs.

Elcrost Excellent black metal band from Hanoi. 

Windrunner - First Vietnamese metal(core) band I discovered in 2021 when I started my exploration into the metal scene in various regions of Asia.

Not metal but I had to add duo Limebocx. The duo combines traditional Vietnamese singing with modern electronic music. Go check out their song Dung Hoa (ft. My Huong)

This is just a few but I did post a link to my Spotify playlist in the beginning of the post. There are a lot more bands in the metal and rock genres that I think people should check out.

Comments

Popular Posts