My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! I took Friday and Monday off for a couple of medical appointments (today) and for some r and r. Got a lot of new music I think people should check out.

Right now, my current favorite album is Echoes from the Ho Chi Minh City band Anesthetic Youth. I have been listening to the alternative rock album daily. The songs have seriously good pop hooks. "Jane Doe" is my current favorite song. The song is the perfect pop punk song. I really wish the band didn't go on an indefinite hiatus. I wish I discovered this band sooner. 

2 of my favorite death metal bands Serenity in Murder and Vintersea dropped new songs this week "Matrix" (Serenity in Murder) and "At the Gloaming Void"(Vintersea), and I absolutely love both songs. I really digging the direction of SIM is going in with their sound. It is a bit more polished than on their first 3 albums with their previous singer. The new song from Vintersea is making me excited for their 3rd album. I will definitely be pre-ordering it when it becomes available for pre-orders.

Included some of my favorite finds during my deep dive into the Vietnamese music scene. Besides Anesthetic Youth, I am also love the sounds of Metanoia, Jaigon Orchestra, and and Limebocx.

Jury is still out about the new Delerium album Signs. I don't hate it like I do with Chimera but at the same time, the album isn't as good as Poem, the last Delerium album I truly loved.  There are some solid songs on the album. I am particularly fond of "In the Deep" featuring Kanga.

Songs to Check Out:
"In the Deep" by Delerium, Kanga  
"Matrix" by Serenity in Murder
"Jane Doe" by Anesthetic Youth
"At the Gloaming Void" by Vintersea
"Kaycee" by Jaigon Orchestra
"Hinn Mikli Dreki" by SKALD
"Lost in the Garden" by Lovebites
"Dust" by Arogya
"Loi" by Metanoia

Comments

Popular Posts