My Top 10 Favorite Albums for March

With March winding down, I thought I would post my 10 favorite albums I heard this month.  March was a fantastic month for music (new and old alike). 

My favorite gothic metal band from Beijing, China; DengeL released the first of 3 parts of their 2nd album The Garden of Earthly Delights which revolves around the concept of Hieronymous Bosch's famous triptych painting of the same name. The music took me a few listens to hit all the right buttons for me but I am now really into the album. So looking forward to parts 2 and 3 which the band is working on currently. 

Another great metal band from China is Anathematise. I discovered the band via Unite Asia. Their album Bizarre Tales From the Past and the Future is pure death metal/thrash bliss. 

My journey into the music scene in Vietnam (where I am from) really led me to find some great metal and alternative rock band, and electronic/experimental acts like Limebocx and Anesthetic Youth. I love hearing what my native country has to offer music-wise.  I would have included Metanoia but they are a fairly young band who only have released a few singles. Same with the deathcore band Diarsia. Kickass death metal music but the band has only has a few singles out. Go check them out on Spotify too. That said, I recommend checking out their music on Spotify. Jury is still out on V-pop. I really like Toc Tien who is also in the film Furies aka Thanh Soi on Netflix but so far some of what I have heard is a miss with me. 

The more I listen to the new Delerium album Signs, the more the music has grown on me. Still love the new Lovebites album Judgement Day. The album is so damn good. Definitely will be on my best of 2023 list. Yeah, I actually like the new Babymetal album. I"ll take Babymetal over the BS that Loudwire and Metal Injection pushes on the masses. Also not embarrassed about having T-Pain's cover album on the list too. The music is fun AF to listen to while I work during the day.

01. DengeL: The Garden of Earthly Delights


02. Anesthetic Youth: Echoes


03. Lovebites: Judgement Day


04. Otyken: Phenomenom


05. Delerium: Signs


06. Limebocx: Electrunic


07. Anathematise: Bizarre Tales From the Past and the Future


08. Babymetal: The Other One


09. T-Pain: On Top of the Covers


10. Leukotomy: Eternal Path to Eden

Comments

Popular Posts